It's a lovely sunshine day here in the Bay Area! High 60s to low 70s, sunshine, sunshine, sunshine, no wind. Just a wonderful spring day! Whoop!
Most of the gardening tasks I've been wanting to do for several weeks were done this morning!
- Done - Fertilize backyard plants in pots and ground
- Done - Pull weeds in front and back
- Done - Put out ant stakes around front and back
- Done - Remove 3 rose bushes from the pots they were put into last weekend, cover the pot's drainage holes with coffee filters (which I forgot to do before!), and re-plant them into the pots - after all the rain we've had recently (more than Seattle typically has during winter according to this week's news!), very little, if any, of the soil in the 3 pots leaked out so I've elected to skip this for now. I did, however, use coffee filters when I transplanted the remaining 2 rose bushes into pots
- Done - Move 2 remaining rose bushes from ground into pots
- Done - Pull out 4 climbing rose plants, package for delivery to Paula
- Done - Look at container plants, decide which to keep/transplant/discard, and then do it
- Done - Clean out gardening cabinet
- Done - Wash gardening gloves
- Done - Clean gardening tools
Still to do...
- Clean front porch bench
- Take 4 climbing roses to Paula
I'll deliver the climbing roses to Paula's house tomorrow, and we'll do coffee and visit a bit. It should be another lovely day and even a little warmer (mid-70s!).
The sunshine has created an urge to make the Hawaiian-fabric curtains for my office window! But I'm going to wait for Bill to wake up from his nappy...(so the sewing machine doesn't disturb him). I'm still intimidated by the sewing machine, but I hope this project will help me get over it!