Two different patterns, one for each side because (1) two layers of fabric block more light from my migraine-prone eyes, (2) the window looks onto the quad so one pattern will face that area, and (3) I'll have two patterns to switch between in my office if I want to.
(1, 2) Curtains laying flat on the ironing board in our kitchen. My favorite pattern is the turquoise - bright and cheery!
(3, 4) Close-ups of the pocket for the curtain rod. If you look closely, you can see the uneven sewn lines...
(5, 6) Close-ups of how the curtains look on the rod.
When I first thought about making window coverings for my office window, I thought about crocheting a set of curtains with heavy yarn. One day, however, I held up a heavy lap blanket to the window and discovered a lot of light coming through. That's when I decided to find fabric I liked and sew a set of curtains.
I found the fabric a few weeks ago but let the sewing machine (and my reluctance to not be perfect) intimidate me until yesterday!
I started measuring, ironing, and sewing yesterday afternoon around 3:30pm, stopped to eat dinner (about 30 minutes), and stopped again at 8:30pm for the evening. By then I had finished seams on both sides and the top of 4 pieces of fabric. Saturday hours: 4.5.
This morning, I started measuring, ironing, and sewing again around 9:30am, stopped at 12:40pm to take the climbing roses to Paula, started again around 2:30pm and finished around 4:30pm. Sunday hours: about 5 hours.
Grand total: 9.5 hours.
Crocheting a set of curtains would have taken much longer than 9.5 hours!