I love the fabric of the cover I made for the fabric cutting board Bill made for me! I finished the cover last weekend after a few struggles with the casing for the elastic. My first attempt was too narrow, then I needed more fabric, then I made it too narrow again (!) but made it work by using a finished edge on only one side of the casing. The idea was to make a cover that tucks under the cutting board like an ironing board cover fits on an ironing board. It works!
The top fabric is the lovely dark purple / dark green / dark blue / maroon / red tropical print, the bottom is a dark purple, and the center is polyester quilt batting. I did very simple quilting of the "sandwich" by running 2 parallel lines in one of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine lengthwise down the 2 dark purple sections you see on the tropical fabric. Then, I ran a few diagonal wavy lines from side to side.