Easy and quick to make!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or oil of choice) - less oil with ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped (or red bell pepper or combo of green and red)
- Choose one meat:
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 8 oz. La Victoria Mild Taco Sauce (or taco sauce of your choice) - Salsa can be substituted but don’t also add onion and bell pepper listed above
- Choose one or more:
- Tacos: 8 corn tortillas, fried in oil or steamed in microwave
- Burritos: 8 wheat or flour tortillas, steamed in microwave
- Nachos: Corn tortilla chips
- Pinto or black beans (refried or whole), heated
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Black olives, sliced
- Sour cream
- Lettuce, chopped
In large pan on high heat, saute onion in oil until almost clear. Add bell pepper and meat and mix well. Reduce heat to medium, stir regularly, and cook until meat is 1/2 done. Add taco sauce and reduce heat to simmer. Stir regularly and simmer until meat is cooked and sauce is desired consistency.
Serve as tacos, burritos, and/or nachos with your choice of extras.
About 8 servings.