What have I been doing for the past 2 years?
Short answer: Not being creative. My creative juice dried up.
I haven't crocheted, quilted, sewed, knitted, or done any other type of craft.
Which pretty much explains why this blog hasn't been updated. Not much has been done to blog about.
So, what have I been doing? What's been going on in my life?
- I've been reading a lot. Being creative was replaced with sticking my nose in books. It all started in, I think, January 2009. I read lots of vampire novels, including the Twilight series. My favorite is the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
- I've been watching lots of TV on our DVR (the ability to skip commercials is better than sliced bread), as well as TV shows and movies on Netflix DVDs.
- A grandson was born to Bill's oldest son and his wife on May 24, 2010. More later.
- My heart was broken in July 2010. More on this in the next post.
- I was tested for and diagnosed with sleep apnea in January 2011. I began CPAP treatment a few weeks ago and am still getting used to it.
- I bruised my tailbone by sitting too much. Sitting at work all day. Sitting 45 minutes twice a day commuting to and from work. Sitting on the couch at home all evening and all weekend. There was no injury that I'm aware of - unless the sitting so much irritated an old injury I don't remember.
For months I had ignored the numbness in that area after sitting for long periods. Then, the numbness changed to pain.
I've been seeing my chiropractor about once a week for a few weeks now, and am using a coccyx cushion at work and one in my car to sit on to relieve the pressure on my tailbone. I have a timer on my work computer that goes off every hour to remind me to stand for a minute or two, move around, and stretch. Now, instead of sitting on the couch, I spend more time laying on my back to relieve the pressure on my tailbone.
- I still hate exercise. Too much sweating for not much effort. But I had begun exercising regularly (walking about 30+ minutes a day, for about 6 days a week) in spring 2010. But then my heart was broken and I didn't get into it again. And still haven't - even though I know I need to for my health, my comfort on vacations, my comfort walking to the corner store, etc.
Well, that's all on this for now…